15 Signs you need to change your skincare routine and how to create a new one.
Having a reliable skincare routine is great and really comforting, it’s hard to change when you know you’ve been okay for so long and the thought of you experimenting with other products and some not working is haunting. The waste of money and stress is so discouraging.
But change is good, especially in some cases. Sticking to something gets boring eventually at least for me it but what you should know is that after some months or years, your skin gets used to such products. It has become like a second skin and just doesn’t work anymore. That’s the biggest sign when your routine doesn’t work anymore.
Having the same routine could also do harm. By applying allthese items, it’s going to mess up with your face. It will become addictive,and your skin won’t be able to live without it.
These are some of the warning signs your skin gives though to tell you thatit is tired, don’t ignore them before it’s too late.
1. When the productdoesn’t work anymore—you don’t see changes and you probably increase thequantity but it still doesn’t work tells you to switch
2. You’re getting sudden, unnecessary breakouts—when you check your health, your diet, your skin habits and all seem to be in check, check your products
3. Your skin isgetting too dry especially if you’ve been using the same exfoliants, serums oracne treatments, prolonged use of cleansers also cause dryness.
4. Your skin isgetting oilier—which could be as a result of oily skin getting dry. It’sprobably the product you’re using.
5. Your skin type is changing—sometimes our skin types change. As we age, change the environment or just lifestyle changes, we need to change our skincare routine and products as well
6. Experiencingburns and tingles—if it’s a new product then get rid of it ASAP, if its old andits starting to cause tingles then throw it ASAP
7. Redness oritchiness—still due to new products or old products messing up your skin
8. You’re getting weird harmless forehead bumps and rashes
9. You’repregnant—your skin conditions will change so you need to change with it
10. You’re goingthrough puberty
11. You’re changingthe environment and the weather and stress is getting to you a lot
12. You’rebored—honestly, this is the first reason I will change my skincare routine. Iget bored easily. Besides, I love experimenting with products, so if you’rebored switch it up.
13. Your skin needsare changing—whether it’s a skin type change, hormones, accident, sunburn, ifyour skin is experiencing a problem, switch up some products to suit the needs
- Causes of acne: why your products are’nt working
- How to use tea tree oil to cure acne in sensitive skin
- The best skincare products essential for your skincare routine
- how to get glowing skin naturally in 2 minutes
- 15 signs you need a new skincare routine
14. You’re gettingolder—as you age you’re going to need more of anti-aging product and others, sopay attention to your self
15. Climatechanges—if you’re going to stay in a changed environment for some time then youhave to switch, especially if you’re migrating to a sunnier climate. Butsometimes it’s for a day or two, so take some days to see if it’s just minor oryou really need it.
What to do when your skin needs a break
Apart from deciding to change your routine or products, your skin might need a break first. The changes might be sudden for your skin and make things worse. So I recommend a month.
Within that month don’t use anything, you might be tempted to, especially since your skin will be changing, but don’t. Allow your skin to go back to its normal form, it will shed away the dead tired skin, be balanced and produce its natural oils. Within that month, monitor everything that happens to your skin.
- 7 Self care books for personal development 2019
- The Mindset shift that will put you on the path to Succeed
- How to increase your productivity in 5-seconds
- DIY your Mental health Self Care Kit: Anxiety & Depression
- How to be a girl boss: 10 Things a girl boss has that you don’t
Within that month, increase your exercise, improve your posture, diet, take care of your insides and protect your skin. Eat healthy foods, vitamins, and just chill. B
After about 2 weeks, I recommend you start using naturalface masks. Rejuvenating, hydrating and repairing face masks should be your bestfriends. Take that time to do a natural glow up. The results will pay off Ipromise.
After that month, start exfoliation, to bring out the clean,new natural skin under. Nothing too extreme though, go to the spa, try out newproducts.
From then on, you can start with essential skincare products and keep experimenting. One product at a time. Don’t stack products. And switch things up, don’t go back to the products you’ve taken a break from. Start it all over. And you’ll see improvements.
Remember, your skin changes, so should your products andremember you’re getting older, don’t forget your skin. Start early becausewhatever you do in your early years, you will be thankful, for in the lateyears. Invest in some collagen and anti-aging products.
Would you like to see skin detox recipes? Comment below.
Pin for later!