How to easily plan your goals to make you achieve them faster and be successful
You’ve probably heard that your goals don’t mean anything Until they are turned into plans, and these plans are the guidelines, the roadmap to be followed to reach your goals. If you don’t have a goal then youdon’t have a purpose. Your purpose is your role in life. What you stand for,who you are and who you will like to be.
That dream, that money, that thing you want to get or be in life is your goal. It’s good to have a lot of goals for the nearest future, a goal for tonight, tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. Some of Those goals would change as you experience different things and as your values change. There are some goals that will not happen and some will be replaced by better ones. Whatever the case may be, always have a specific goal, for a specific day, for a specific purpose.
Ultimately there are goals that will stay the same because you are still you. So it’s really important to write them down. All of them, the stupid ones and the important ones, half thought goals are also great, as you grow, you will be able to complete the picture.
The best way to plan something is to write it.
If you really have something to achieve, something to write,something to remember, you should write it down.
I always have different memos and jotters in my bag just soany idea that comes to my head I write it down. Whether it’s for my book or formy blog, somewhere I want to go, someone I want to call or see, I write itdown.
Planning your goals will make them clearer, open your mindto more ideas and make you more organized. Seeing them on paper also makes youmore accountable.
Another important thing is that it’ll help you remember.Even if you don’t look back at it, that writing down that you do acknowledgesthe fact that what you thought of was important, not one of the gazillionuseless thoughts that run through your mind.
• Write down thethings you want to do or goals you want to achieve.
• Add a date/timeframe of the day you want to achieve that goal.
• Write down thebenefits you will reap from it and how they will make you feel
• Add the reasonyou want to make that thing happen.
• Write downaffirmations. Things you read everyday anyone that suits your end goal, thingsyou have to be in order to make that happen. ‘I am strong, I am confident, I amsmart, I am rich’ whatever it is.
• Give yourselfenough space in-between to rest and recharge, for sometimes you will lose somemotivation
• Stick to those plans, work for them, they are worth your time and you are worthy of the success.
Another method that helps in achieving and goal planning isto draw your goal. This is most effective if you know what you want but don’t know how to get it.
• Get a plain sheet of paper, a big one preferably because small papers tell your mind that the spaces for your ideas are small, so you only think about small things. When your mind is allowed to think beyond a small page, you are open to greatsolutions to your problem.
• So what you do isyou get a big plain sheet of paper. At one end draw where you are now and atthe other end where you’d like to be. Your goal. You should have a wide spacein the middle there draw three large arrows.
• Then look at both drawings and think of things you’ll have to do to go there, compare the pictures and let your mind wander to fill those spaces in between. Write themas they come to your head, you can have more than three, just write down the three major ones in your arrows. You can then write the details and smaller steps in a normal let’s say journal and then you’ll have everything figured outall that will be left is you working towards it. And if you want it bad enoughyou will.
Do this for a job, an exam, an adventure, career, weightloss, weight gain, state of mind, happiness, etc. whatever you want to achieve.Concentrate on both images, the solutions that will come to your mind willamaze. They are things that if you had sat down and just thought you wanted todo something, wouldn’t come to mind.
• Remember toalways have journals, be a hoarder like me. I’m just extra don’t mind me. So Ireally hope this helps you. It has helped me and others as well.
• Get a planner,whether it’s a printable or a book, those make things a lot easier and are moreorganized. When you’re more organized your mind is more open.
• Keep a gratitude journal, especially in the same area as your planner. When you feel gratitude you feel happy, energized and motivated and that feeling will push you to achieve all your plans.
- How to handle criticism like a GirlBoss
- How to find your passion: defining passion for success
- How to achieve your life goals
- How to find motivation & stay motivated
- How to plan for a successful life + goal setting worksheet