You want to practice self love, but do you even love yourself? Do you show yourself that love?
Answer these questions for yourself:
Do you dread being home alone? Or going out the movies alone?
Do you dread eating alone in public? Well I do, still planning on figuring out a way to try and get ease into it though.
Do you feel bored when there’s no TV, no internet and can’t possibly think of anything you can do with your time?
Does it get worse if your friends or family can’t spend time with you and you’re left alone?
You feel lonely right?
Well, I hate to break it to you but you’re not alone.
Jokes apart, there’s someone with you. You.
Just like you play games and activities, talk with other people, you should be able to do the same with yourself.
Spending too much time with people is bad for you. When you spend time with people, you dedicate that time to making them feel better, which makes you feel better but what you don’t realize is that the more you spend time with them, the more you’re ignoring yourself.
And you give out all the love and energy meant for you, the love that should be put into your self love routine.
And when you ignore yourself you ignore your problems, your needs, your priorities and your life, which is going to make your life worse not better. It starts with the small things.
I’m also sure there are times your friends take to do their own things, which makes you feel bad because you can’t think of anything else to do.
You think they have this amazing life and things to do. It’s probably a hobby or just spending time with themselves and you think to yourself ‘i love their life’.
More: How to find your passion
And you don’t think you love your’s because you are going to spend time alone. in truth, its not even the activity, its the person you are with. Its the self love you give yourself that will make you love your hobbies or work.
If you don’t even like them, it is self love that will make you leave them for something better.
All in all Self love could come down to just spending time alone in a way that allows you to know yourself more, give yourself attention, practice self-care and increase your self-confidence.
Because when you know yourself, you love yourself and you believe in yourself that’s what confidence is and when you do that you will be able to do anything and your life will turn around.
That’s what my life did and the more I do it, the more I love it and the more I love me.
That’s what will happen to you after this when you start doing things to increase your self love, you’re going to start loving yourself, appreciate yourself and improve your whole wellbeing.
In this article, I’m going to tell you the benefits of spending time alone and 100 things to do while spending time with yourself to increase your Self love.
Why you should spend time alone
Having alone time is crucial for your self-care routine. Even without a self-care routine you should set aside a day all to yourself. Once or twice every month, or at least once every three months.
Spending time alone will help you learn more about yourself, your strengths, and weaknesses and make your life a lot netter just by listening to yourself.
A day sent alone is like an inventory of your life by you. You will learn a lot about yourself, your good and bad sides, your goals, your priorities and it will help you find joy and confidence within yourself and make you more independent.
Having attachment to materialistic things is bad for you and so is having attachment to people. Spending time alone will make you lose attachment to people.
Benefits of spending Practising Self love
- Having a self-care alone day with activities that will help you put yourself first, listen to your thoughts, reset your priorities will help you set a lot of things straight and will remove so much regrets and times wasted to come.
- Having alone time will also make you explore your creative side and open up new opportunities for you. You will give out joy, relax and good things will come to you.
- Your alone day is your life changing day because I’m going to give you 100 things you can do alone that will open paths to changing and improving your life for the better.
100 things you can do when you are alone to increase your self love
- Go for a walk
- Read a book
- Have a spa day
- Take a really long shower
- Buy something new
- Take a short online class
- Feed birds in the park
- Let your imagination run wild and write a short story
- Craft a morning and evening routine
- Make a business plan
- Brainstorm side hustles for side income
- Rewrite your finances
- Pay attention and assess your mental health
- Do a puzzle
- Do a onetime self-defense class
- Make a list of habits you want to adopt
- Take a healthy soothe
- Purge expired make up, foods or skincare products
- Read a children’s book
- Go for a hike
- Start a bullet journal
- Watch a movie
- Organize your room
- Take a long bath
- Watch inspiring ted talks
- Listen to podcasts
- Go on self-date
- Listen to music
- Get a message
- Paint your nails
- Do some yoga
- Watch funny videos
- Go through old family albums
- Apply a face mask
- Visit a café
- Explore your city
- Take a long quiet drive
- do a social media detox
- Visit a museum and see art
- Rearrange your closet
- Go for a mini-retreat
- Watch the sunrise and sunset
- Do a photo shoot
- Create a vision board on Pinterest
- Clear your email inbox
- Write a letter to your younger self
- Make a gratitude list
- Explore your creativity
- Walk in a park and absorb nature
- Notice three new things about your surroundings
- Make a recap of your week
- Drink water
- Go to the movies
- Try a new recipe
- Watch a documentary
- Make a vision board
- Do your laundry
- De-clutter your social media
- Do some volunteer work
- Say hi to an elderly on the streets
- Meal prep
- Write down new affirmations
- Plan your week ahead
- Set new priorities
- Try on makeup
- Dress up
- Go window shopping
- Go on a skincare splurge
- Make a video and pretend you’re on YouTube
- Make a bucket list
- Do something you’d normally not do
- Call a friend
- Call your family
- Make a new friend online
- Write a biography of yourself
- Reflect on how far you’ve come and how far you’re going to go
- Make a plan for all the things you want to achieve
- DIY a soap, face scrub or a gift box
- Do nothing
- Watch the view
- Read conspiracy theories
- Watch the news
- Start a bullet journal
- Go to a handcraft class: use your hands
- make a strangers day
- write 3 good things about the most important people in your life
- clear your online shopping carts
- buy something from a thrift store
- look for anyone you can offer help on the streets and help them
- Pitch someone you’ve been wanting to collaborate with
- Send job applications
- Buy some self-help books and make a reading list
- Change your food menu/routine
- Talk to yourself
- Cry: let it all out, everything you’ve been bottling up, crying will make everything seem better and remove the load from your chest.
Well, here are 99 lists of things you can do when you’re alone, to enjoy your company, make yourself better and love yourself more because you deserve all the love you can get.
You don’t have to do all of them, just choose a few, whichever fits your lifestyle, and you’ll have a life-changing day.
Watch out though, because once you start enjoying your time alone by yourself, you are going to find who you are and you will love yourself and aim of self love would be accomplished.
Then you’ll believe in yourself, increase your self-esteem, self-worth, confidence and you’ll be able to do great things.
If there’s a way spending time alone made your self love, say it in the comments below, you can also tell us what you do in your time alone and your self-care day that isn’t here.
Share this article to a loved one and PIN THIS!